Unix Fan ha scritto:
Stuart Henderson wrote:

..

You do realise that with your abrasive posts, you're pissing off

the very people you're "suggesting" do the work, right?

Yes, I "realise" that, and I'm not trying to offend...intentionally..  *sigh*...

I'll stop posting, the developers have already made it clear to us end-users...

"We'll provide you with a secure system, but.. hell, once you get it.. it won't be
secure anymore, wait another 6 months, it'll be secure again. briefly."

Are you serious? Tell me, you read in some openbsd.org page, that openbsd it's a desktop os or projected to be a next dragonfly or pc bsd ?It's some ubuntu shit or opensuse ? It's made to be secure, it's prone to be installed on a server not just a fuckin desktop o.s. I follow -current and i'm happy because this O.S. give me what i'm looking for... What you say it's just stupid and polemic. OpenBSD staff it's little, dont have much time to do patch or to follows ports or all the packages for all releases, think about it.In every release you can be sure that your machine can be a good and powerful server. Dont blame other people, blame yourself. You cant follow -current or you cant patch for yourself firefox or other things? You just wait others to do what you can do ? So, change O.S. OpenBSD is not for you. Use mandrivia or ubuntu and dont piss off the programmers.

My .02 cent

Francesco.

PS= Some times it's better to send an email just to thanks and not to blame. Shame on you.