Hi folks,
I'm trying to use digest authentication and require a visitor to
supply a password in order to be able to access a certain
subdirectory.

Here's my scenario:

I have a directory called download which is located at:
/var/www/htdocs/stephanie/download.

I've created a file called "digest" which is located at:
/var/www/conf/digest using the following command:

# htdigest -c /var/www/conf/digest Private guest

Then, I've created an entry in my httpd.conf file that looks like this:

<Directory /stephanie/download>
AuthType Digest
AuthName "Pssst...what's the password?"
AuthUserFile /var/www/conf/digest
Require user guest
</Directory>

I've then stopped and restarted Apache.

I'm apparently missing something because I can get to the home page
fine, but I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" if
even try and get to http://servername/stephanie

Suggestions?

Thank you, as always.

Ed