Jordi Beltran Creix wrote:
Well, according to previous answers, the 25 years old comment was
actually justified, but if it weren't, style(9) would come to mind.
Been eating your own dog food lately?
If we understand that custom kernels are unsupported, that some
kernel options can be modified without recompiling, and that some
changes could have security implications, why do you care?
Do you have to kill a kitten each time we build a custom kernel?
Two if we actually tinker with the code? Maybe you should close
the source, then.

Did you really completely miss the point, which is that they couldn't care less what you do with your kernel, as long as you modify it with _zero_ anticipation or expectation of the slightest bit of support? Because the FAQ, this thread, and numerous other threads exactly like it has made that abundantly clear to me and apparently most everyone else, yet people still come around crying foul when they get jumped on for asking for help with (or why they should/shouldn't build) their custom-built kernels.