On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 06:18:31PM -0700, F. Caulier wrote:
> I just discovered 'window' in base, a very usefull
> tool!
> I was used to install 'screen' to get a terminal
> multiplexer but as I found 'window' which gives me
> multiplexing without 'screen's' bloat and restrictive
> license.

I still don't understand the current craze about window, since
it doesn't have the one killer feature of screen, namely the
ability to attach/detach sessions at will...

I mean, probably like a lot of people, my main use of screen is to
have interactive sessions I can keep around from login to login, or
around a flaky network connection. Nothing as unpleasant as having a
build fail just because your network timed out and make got SIGHUP'ed.