On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Brynet wrote:

The keyword here is *default*.

Say you installed OpenBSD on a soekris, it's nice having root enabled "temporarily".

That way you can login at a later time, create a lesser privledged account,

On Soekris, does the first boot console access not function properly until ttys(5) or boot.conf(5) are edited? Do you need to run headless, but with stored network configuration from the installer?

~BAS

edit the sudoers file.. and disable root logins in sshd_config.

I believe the developers decision is the best one in this case, it's one of the first thing I disable though.