I have some corrections and clarifications I need to make to this query:

1) The primary module I am trying to use/load is mod_proxy_html, which
in turn requires mod_proxy_http (among others)

2) for a while I forgot I needed to turn off the chroot feature, now
that I have, it looks like the LoadFile of libxml works, eg:

    LoadFile   /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.9.7

Yields no error messages on startup, so that is a big improvement!

3) In looking around the source code for httpd, I see that in

      ./src/usr.sbin/httpd/src/modules/proxy

I see that proxy_http.c is in there, so does that mean that
mod_proxy_http is already included in httpd?

If so, it seems that the only remaining module I would need is mod_proxy_html.
Do I need to recompile httpd to get this this into the build?  (if so,
how?) Or can I create a .so and just load it?

Thanks again,

Don