Jesus Sanchez escribis:
Hi, using OpenBSD 4.3 up to date patched.
I think people should know about this.

lets say you're logged on ttyC0 as root,
you sends the command:

#sleep 5 && wsconscfg -dF 1

this cmd waits 5 seconds and then destroys ttyC1
wscons.

if you change to ttyC1 (Ctrl+Alt+F2) in the 5 seconds
and waits until wsconscfg -dF 1 gets launched the machine
gets hung really bad. Same thing if you kill the focused ttyC*
from a ssh session. the system crashes.

Is this a known thing? or I found a buggy behavior?

-thanks for all.

I tried to reproduce the problem in other machines and
others versions of OpenBSD (from 4.1 to 4.3) and the problem
exists. Just a hung as described will cause the machine to stop
all daemons and activities, gets freeze. Only hardware reboot
makes it reboot.

This should be considered as a bug to try to solve??
please consider to take a fast look at this.

Thanks for all
-Jesus