I'll give that a shot. But in the meanwhile, it appears ntpd doesn't
listen on the carp interface. I set up ntpd on the carp firewalls, but
internally, I had to provide the two physical addresses to sync time
instead of the one carp interface. Could this also be due my current
pf.conf?

So far, I can't ssh into the carp from the outside, can't ntp from the
inside, however I've been able to ssh into the carp from the inside,
which is rather odd.

Help appreciated,
Vivek