2008/11/13 Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I think that would work better.  I am not here saying this because
> I have answers.  I don't.  I think that people running old software
> quite frankly cannot rely on a mailing list run by people who don't
> run -stable.  So how can any of you hope we will solve your problems?

Why do you maintain stable by issuing security patches for it if you
don't care if anybody installs them (by not telling them about the
patches through one of the designated channels)?  Don't you want
people installing them?

Is it so hard to write a mail to the list once every few months? The
content is already there...

Frankly: We have this discussion about once a year. Please either
remove the list and spare us the discussions (and write a short notice
on the page why you don't have the list) or use it. Either way will
probably spare you more work then the status quo.

Finally: If you don't bother about changing the status quo, may I (or
someone else) use the list to send out mails about the erratas?

Best
   Martin