hmm, on Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:20:00PM +0100, Tobias Ulmer said that
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 06:46:15PM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> > hmm, on Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 01:56:31PM +0100, Hannah Schroeter said that
> > > Try fsck /dev/rsvnd0a
> >
> > yes, this works.  thanks.
> >
> > so i guess the man page should be changed as well, no?
>
> Which manpage? fsck (and a bunch of others, like fdisk, disklabel, ...)
> do only work on char devices (the ones with 'r' in front).
> The confusion comes from fsck "fixing" your command line arguments most
> of the time, but for some reason missing the svnd case.

sorry, should have been more specific with a patch.
but i dont have the sources anywhere near at the moment.
i meant mount_vnd(8):

           # Example for automatically configuring a vnd device on startup
           echo "configuring vnd devices:"
           mount /dev/svnd0c
-          fsck -p /dev/svnd0a
+          fsck -p /dev/rsvnd0a
           mount /mnt

-f
--
i left my body to science but i'm afraid they turned it down.