On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Thomas Pfaff <tpf...@tp76.info> wrote:

> I think this could use some explaining for those of us that are not
> intimately involved in development or have been around here for that
> long.  Keeping it small and simple by saying no to adding one file
> at 7.2K?  I'd really like to know the rationale on this one.

I'm kinda amazed at the hoopla over this.  Last week a wake on lan
utility was like the only possible feature not being requested, you
didn't even know you wanted it, and now a week later it's like people
can't live without it.  Yeah, it's handy, but if you survived 10 years
without it, I think you can get by a little longer.

Things usually happen for a reason (though I've no idea what they are
here), but at least wait until the dust settles before starting the
inquisition.  Nothing speeds progress like a dozen "how come?"s at
every step.