On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:14:48 -0500
Ted Unangst <ted.unan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Thomas Pfaff <tpf...@tp76.info> wrote:
>
> > I think this could use some explaining for those of us that are not
> > intimately involved in development or have been around here for that
> > long.  Keeping it small and simple by saying no to adding one file
> > at 7.2K?  I'd really like to know the rationale on this one.
>
> I'm kinda amazed at the hoopla over this.

Yes, a lot of hoopla; patches flying around, undeadly.org coverage,
and then zap for no apparent reason.  Not that it matters a great
deal, but it does make one raise an eyebrow or three.

> Last week a wake on lan utility was like the only possible feature
> not being requested, you didn't even know you wanted it, and now a
> week later it's like people can't live without it.  Yeah, it's handy,
> but if you survived 10 years without it, I think you can get by a
> little longer.

net/wol has been working for me just fine, so I'm in no need of
another utility (although I do like wake better).

Thanks.

Thomas