Jon Sjvstedt wrote:
Hello all!
I want to use space in dir-names that are mount-points, but mount-a says
"Inappropriate file type or format". I can perfectly use mount "manually"
to mount a filesystem on a dir with space in its dir-name.

I have tried quoting in "", '' and 44, but that didnt help. Can this be
done in any way?

Jon

By adding them to /etc/fstab, I'd say no since the fields are delimited by tab or space (see /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/fstab.c for details). Two other options:

1. Add the "manual" mounts to /etc/rc.local
OR
2. Mount the file systems somewhere else and create symlinks to them from the originally intended mount points.

/Alexander