As I put in my initial email, the key is the -o option "ProxyCommand"

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ssh_config

and search for it, there is even a similar example included.

/Pete

On 16 Feb 2009, at 17:28, Tony Berth wrote:

The order is the following:

A(ssh client) - C(http proxy server) - <Internet> - B(ssh server with static
IP)

Now A can't access the Internet. I can only run a browser on that machine which includes the details from C and only then I can surf/have access to
the Internet only on ports 80 and 443!

As a result ssh from A to B doesn't work.

If I use putty on A and define the details of C in the putty proxy dialog
box, I can open a ssh session to B.

So the question is, how does this action of putty gets translated into an ssh command? Which flag should I use from the ssh command line in order to
achieve the same result?

Thanks

Tony