Hi,

I'm not sure why it happens, but I tried running:

openssl genrsa -out /etc/ssl/private/server.key 1024

over an ssh connection to a web server that I wanted to setup as
https. Believe it or not, it froze while it was running openssl. Now I
can't ping it or do anything. Could this be because http was already
running on the machine? Do I have to disable http before I setup SSL.
I still can't understand why it would kill the entire inet service.

I'm not near the machine right now, but if there's a way to reboot the
machine, how would I go about it considering ssh is completely dead.
Is openssl not supposed to be run over ssh?

Help appreciated,
Vivek