J.C. Roberts wrote:
> I've got no clue what kind of serial connector is used on your G4
> Sawtooth, but if it uses MiniDIN-8F, you can easily find a converter to
> DE-9. Run a null-modem cable between the G4 and your x86.

well..here's another "feature" of the newer MacPPC systems:
no serial port.  Actually, in at least some (most?) the hardware
exists inside the machine, intended for a (special) modem, but
doesn't have the line drivers needed for real RS232.

However, for a lot more than the $3 it would have cost Apple
to put the serial port on the back of the machine, you CAN buy
a doo-hickey which provides line drivers and a connection to
the outside world.  Baring that, however...no serial.

Nick.