> Wim's statement...
>
> | The understanding was that the 'leftover money', the difference
> | between what I paid and the discounted price, would be spent on
> | OpenBSD activities in Europe.
>
> ... is complete news to me.

Indeed naddy, it should be news to you, because there was no such
"understanding".

To counter that balony, over the last two years Wim has been invited
to invoice back every single thing he bought for OpenBSD in Europe to
the Computer Shop since the start.

And he has invoiced many things back, and received credit. Translation:
This means Wim did not pay for any of those developer-oriented things
out of 'leftover money' since The Computer Shop has now paid for them.

And even after that rebalancing to simplify the accounting, the balance
Wim owes is still massive.

I don't know what this "OpenBSD activity" is that he talks about, but
I think all OpenBSD developers would understand that to means "a
hackathon" or "travel to a hackathon by a developer", or some other
cost that has been approved by me, such as a hard drive array for
otto's ffs2 work, or a pile of 10 soekris I bought years ago to pass
out to all the pf hackers.

That's the only "OpenBSD activities' I can think of.

Certainy it would not include a conference event where Wim drapes his
tshirts over a table, nor money spent to run a conference like
OpenCON, *unless I approved it*.  And I never approved any of those
things to be paid for out of the 'leftover money'.  That 'leftover
money' became a shotfall in Canada, especially in 2005-2007 when we
had to ask the community for donations to fund the hackathons.  The CD
sales in Europe should obviously have covered that, but Wim took that
money and put it into t-shirts stocks and to pay for his booth space
at conferences, where he sold soekris hardware.  You guys in Europe
know this is true.  You've seen it.

Since all the hackathon costs in Europe have been charged back to
Austin -- I don't know what Wim is talking about.

Whatever ridiculous understanding he has, it does not fit the facts at
all.

WHAT "OpenBSD activities in Europe" is he talking about?  Is he
talking about gas money driving to open source events where he sold
soekris hardware, or about beer he gave people at the events?  None of
these things help OpenBSD, because OpenBSD is not a sales organization
-- it is a development community which needs the revenue to continue
development.

So what is it?