On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:43:05AM -0700, Bryan wrote:
> I don't know if I've supplied enough information, but if you need
> something to help postulate a theory, please let me know.  I don't
> mind tracking it down.  I did a "find" for all .core files after I
> rebooted, and I do not see anything on my system.

Some ideas:

Read the ddb(4) and crash(8) man pages.

Go to the console (Ctrl+Alt+F1), and drop into ddb from the console
after setting the ddb.console sysctl to 1 as documented in ddb(4).

Then, continue execution by typing

        continue<Enter>

into the ddb> prompt.

Then ssh into the system from another computer to get another shell,
and mount the disk using that shell.

If you are getting any white on blue text on the console upon mounting
the drive, write it down on paper and type it up in a mail to this list.

If you even get a ddb> prompt upon mounting the drive, type

        trace<Enter>

and copy that output, too.

Then type

        hangman<Enter>

and play that for a while to get your mind off the issue...

Stefan