On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM, David Higgs <hig...@gmail.com> wrote:

> $ dmesg | grep ral
> ral0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0 "Ralink RT2561S" rev 0x00: irq 10,
> address 00:1d:7d:34:0e:ec
> ral0: MAC/BBP RT2561C, RF RT2527
>
> $ sudo cat /etc/hostname.ral0
> inet 10.0.128.1 255.255.255.0 NONE media autoselect mediaopt hostap
> mode 11g nwid <NWID> wpa wpaakms psk wpaprotos wpa2 wpapsk <PSK>
>
> Works great for me (4.4-stable) when connecting from my MacBookPro,
> though it occasionally locks up and needs a quick ifconfig down/up.
> Supposedly things are much improved in -current, but I haven't tested
> to confirm.

ral0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0 "Ralink RT2561S" rev 0x00: irq 11,
address 00:1d:7d:76:b5:17
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2561C, RF RT2527

It locks up every now and then (no rhyme or reason) with that out of
buffer message.  Looking through the archives, it appears that this
particular chip/chipset sometimes has that hardware issue.  I had to
reboot to fix it, but if a quick ifconfig works (network goes down,
but server itself is still responsive at console), I'll have to give
that a try.

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk