Chris Jones writes:
> I thought I would update the list with some new info I have now that I
> am running a PC engines alix2d2 and OpenBSD 4.5-stable.
>
> When I received the alix board I just swapped the CF card out of my
> Soekris net4501 and put it in the alix board. At that time I was running
> OpenBSD 4.4-stable. After making the swap the ral card was still
> behaving the same as it was before, so I decided to upgrade to 4.5 as I
> was planning to do this anyhow.
>
> After upgrading to 4.5 the ral card (SparkLan WMIR-200N) started working
> just fine. I decided to check the changelog to see what had changed
> since 4.4 and noticed:
>
> Fix HW crypto on ral(4) devices.
>
> Because my card has a RT2860 chip and the driver supports offloading of
> encryption & decryption to the hardware, I suspect this could have been
> the isse. The ral card is running in host-ap mode and has been working
> flawlessly ever since. See dmesg below.
>
> Cheers,
> -Chris

Hi Chris,

  I have 2 ral(4) cards, one of them a RT2860 chipset. I'm curious, what happens
if you have a client connected to your ral(4) hostap and said client
sends a lot of traffic at
once through it? (Like a huge download, or BitTorrent?) Does the
hostap handle it?

  I'm curious because I couldn't get either my RT2661D or RT2860
ral(4) cards working
properly in hostap mode.

  Tom