Dan Harnett wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 09:55:48PM +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM, L. V. Lammert <l...@omnitec.net> wrote:
At 09:16 PM 5/12/2009 +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
If you want simple, install Webmin. Runs fine with sendmail, default
install!
I'm not that crazy to combine something that remembers passwords in
clear text with an MTA that has a horrible security track record.
If this is clear text, I want to know where you got your glasses:

B  B  B  B admin:XXl2dzFGzv.Yk:0

Also, if sendmail has such a horrible track record, why is it the default
MTA on this system? We handle 40K+ emails daily on a single box with no
problems at all.
http://en.securitylab.ru/nvd/378946.php

http://www.sendmail.org/releases/8.13.2

If memory serve me well.

8.13.0 was in OpenBSD 3.6 and a few upgrades were done and by 3.7 we had sendmail 8.13.3. Pass any alerts from your security lab list you use to try to make your point.

So if you still run 3.6 today by all mean YOU DESERVED TO BE HACKED!!!

There is a load of very good people that do their very best to make the OS as secure as possible, clean and easy to use and the less whiner can do is justify their fricking complains with data that is years in the pass and use that as a fact for saying things are not good!

Just like I said, getting lower and lower every day on m...@.

LinuxOLuserFobia complains about missing feature and then complain about old crap because they can't stay current in their setup and justify their whining with old crap!

Can we just move on this sh*t hole please?

New version are release every 6 months. Even now with the new sysmerge toll there isn't a single reason not to stay up to date. You can eve skip many version all at once and it works flawlessly as well. I tested it for fun, Only from 3.8 or 3.9 up to 4.5 is an issue because of the zip part that is not compatible. I don't recall the exact version I did it from as a test, but even then you can get away very simply doing it too. Not recommended obviously, but just to show that it is working and all done in less then 10 minutes, even less with the new version now that does a lots of thinking for you should you have a void between the two ears you should use. Even the upgrade process almost become bullet proof as the OS itself. What else you want???

Stop whining and bringing very old and totally irrelevant data to try to make a point It only show stupidity and laziness as to not keep systems running up to date as they should!

So what's your point again with:

http://en.securitylab.ru/nvd/378946.php

Best,

Daniel