Mikolaj Kucharski wrote:

Another scenario. When all VPNs are up and stable (traffic is low) and
one of the clients is rebooted at boot time when ipsecctl -f
/etc/ipsec.conf is executed it's tunell is setup and _all_ other
tunnels are immediately dropped.

Am I right to assume that only those tunnels from behind the same NAT device are dropped?

There was what I consider a bug in isakmpd that only looked ad IP pairs when matching packets to existing SAs. So any new connection from the same IP would break the existing ones. I don't know if it's actually fixed.

See http://kerneltrap.org/index.php?q=mailarchive/openbsd-misc/2008/2/3/704644

krgds /markus