On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 20:20 +0000, Astrid SC!nchez wrote:
> [1].
> http://www.openbsdcolombia.org/mico In spanish

Reads "PFSENSE ... COMIXWALL ... son ... systemas operativos
modificados". With beginner level Spanish of mine, I understand there is
a confusion here. ComixWall approach is completely different from
pfSense. (In fact, that's why I started the ComixWall project.)

ComixWall is NOT a *modified* OpenBSD.

Underneath ComixWall is an untouched, pure -stable OpenBSD. In fact, if
you don't select siteXY.tgz install set, you can install OpenBSD only.
If you have doubts, just roll your own -stable sets, and upgrade a
ComixWall installation to them (MD5s should match as well, afaik).

For example, that's why siteXY.tgz set is not selected by default during
ComixWall installation. Why? Because that would mean that I modify the
install.sub in the original bsd.rd.

In short, ComixWall provides a web interface, some extra UTM services
(which do not exist in the OpenBSD ports collection yet), and default
configuration files. (Furthermore, ComixWall does not use any
intermediary between the web interface and configuration files, but
directly modifies the text configuration files, i.e. no XML as in
pfSense.)

Just wanted to clear the air.