Hi list,
I m experiencing random freezes with few T22 fairly old laptops.
I know those have crazy bios with few bugs.
I tried a jump at UKC then disabled the acpi with no effect.
I disabled the power mangement for cpu and pci bus with no more
luke.
I ve been amused to discover at last boot the laptop is faster than
ever (no explanation yet ) but i do have a really singular dmesg...

# dmesg|grep cpu
cpu0: Intel Pentium III ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 186 MHz
cpu0:
FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE
cpu0 at mainbus0: (uniprocessor)

Nope this is not a troll with modified frequency :))

# time dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1k count=1024
1024+0 records in
1024+0 records out
1048576 bytes transferred in 0.004 secs (239237052 bytes/sec)
    0m0.17s real     0m0.00s user     0m0.00s system

So do not expect something serious with a peecee :)
Cheers