Hello,

I'm trying to implement CARP on our edge BGP OpenBSD routers. CARP
itself seems to be working perfectly but I'm having problems figuring
out how to propertly configure BGP.

I have couple of external IP's on my network, so limited number of them
is not an issue (as it's often with internet exchange points).

>From claudio's presentation it seems to me doing it by "depend on carp0"
is wrong [1].

My setup is like this:

              [ upstream ]
               10.1.1.254

                10.1.1.1
    10.1.1.2 ---- carp0 ---- 10.1.1.3
  [ router#1 ]             [ router#2 ]

Should I peer both routers using their external IP's to my upstream ISP
and keep IBGP session between both of them? Or should I use "depend on
carp0" and "local-address 10.1.1.1" on both of them? In this case, what
am I supposed to announce between both of my routers?

Thanks,
Peter

1. http://www.openbsd.org/papers/linuxtag06-network/mgp00028.html