Hello Peter

Den 29/09/2009 kl. 14.33 skrev peter dunaskin:

Hello,

I'm trying to implement CARP on our edge BGP OpenBSD routers. CARP
itself seems to be working perfectly but I'm having problems figuring
out how to propertly configure BGP.

I have couple of external IP's on my network, so limited number of
them
is not an issue (as it's often with internet exchange points)
Could you get one BGP session  to each router from your provider.
That way you only need the carp on the inside.
It makes the setup a little simpler, and allows you to have 2 full BGP
views, making failover faster.

From claudio's presentation it seems to me doing it by "depend on
carp0"
is wrong [1].

My setup is like this:

            [ upstream ]
             10.1.1.254

              10.1.1.1
  10.1.1.2 ---- carp0 ---- 10.1.1.3
[ router#1 ]             [ router#2 ]

Should I peer both routers using their external IP's to my upstream
ISP
and keep IBGP session between both of them?
That's what I do, with OSPF on top.

Or should I use "depend on
carp0" and "local-address 10.1.1.1" on both of them? In this case,
what
am I supposed to announce between both of my routers?

Thanks,
Peter

1. http://www.openbsd.org/papers/linuxtag06-network/mgp00028.html

/Sxren