> > But we won't open up the ftp servers today.  I want a sizeable percentage of
> > purchasers to receive their product first.
>
> Is setting a password on the new package hierarchy and including the
> password with the CD feasible or desired?

Actually, I want to be a bit more long winded about this.

Have you thought this through, at all?

So we should go out and talk to all the ftp server admins, and have
them set this up?

OK, let's skip that, since it is too much work for PEOPLE WHO
VOLUNTEER THEIR BANDWIDTH FOR YOU AND I AND EVERYONE ELSE.

So, we'll set it up on only a few special ftp servers, and then they
will get slammed off the internet when someone leaks that password.

Yeah, that will sure encourage continued support from PEOPLE WHO
VOLUNTEER THEIR BANDWIDTH FOR YOU AND I AND EVERYONE ELSE.

So... did you think it through, or as is so typical these days, did
you only think of yourself?

For instance, OpenSSH hit it's 10 year and a total of 16 people
donated in the last 48 hours.  $1000 collected because of such a
special occasion really is not going go to far.  If $1000 is collected
for such a special occasion, can anyone guess what the total is for a
year?  How do hackathons get run?  Where does the magic come from?

It's just another example of everyone only thinking of themselves,
more so these days.

Some days I want to just quit and say fuck it all.

You, members of the world, deserve to live in the filth of telnet.