> >> Nope, not B at B all. B It was just an idea tossed out to:
> >> B  - see if it had any merit
> >> B  - perhaps spark some other thoughts on how to increase CD purchases
> >> B  - or to get flamed
> >>
> >> Its obvious which one you chose.
> >
> > I don't believe you. B You suggested it because you only thought of
> > your own benefit, not of the amount of work others would have to do.
>
> Perhaps not everyone who uses OpenBSD has your depth of understanding
> of all these processes, Theo.  You're obviously intimately acquainted
> with them,  but it is possible Rod might not have been.
>
> You make very salient points about the suggestion being completely
> unfeasable, but it seems quite possible that Rod thought he was making
> a simple suggestion to solve a perceived problem.  Reading between the
> lines,  it seems likely that Rod is also a subscriber to the disc set
> and might perhaps feel a little taken aback at the vehemence of the
> response.
>
> And yes,  it might be that he's just some schmoe with a mate who's
> gonna give him this password he's suggesting...  But to assume that
> would also assume a much greater depth of thought than you've
> otherwise attributed.

You're right.  Everything else which we do is so complicated, so why
can't we coordinate 50+ people we don't know to setup special accounts
on their ftp servers.  Why can't we do something so trivial?  Must be
simple resistance.

Or we must be utterly incompetent morons to not be able to do that!
Good god! We're such morons, why trust us for anything at all.

I am just plain fed up with the bullshit you cowards spew.