On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:10:20AM +0100, Abdullah Sendul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are having a couple of openbsd servers, of which, the content is static.
>
> I would like to identify all the files needed for this system to run,
> and then move it to a flash disk to minimise the size of the
> distribution
>
> find -mtime -atime is giving me some ideas, but is this the right
> approach to remove the rest of the files not used on the system.
>
> what do you suggest?

If you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it.  Why would you possibly
need to get smaller than the baseXX, etcXX and manXX sets?  These easily
fit on a few hundered MB.  What modern flash disk won't fit this?

Seriously, stop overthinking it.  If you primary goal is to use flash
(not necessarily to remove files), look at something like flashrd.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting