> Agreed on the whole - I run a router happily on a 512mb flash drive.
> And I didn't have to minimise a thing.

+1

I install 4.5 over the network to my router.
GENERIC bsd, base45, etc45. No scripting required.
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#FilesNeeded
It fits on a 256MB compact flash with room enough to spare.

If this machine wasn't on a LAN with other connected boxes I'm sure
man45 and misc45 would fit as well ...
I have other documentation access but would not exclude man from a
stand alone box.
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=96280712907980&w=2

Advantage?
Whenever I have an issue I have some (some) confidence it is not
anything stoopid I have done. :]

# df -h
Filesystem     Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a      240M    163M   64.8M    72%    /
mfs:2794       7.7M    1.0K    7.3M     0%    /tmp

Unless 4.6 has grown more than it looks I expect it will also fit nicely.

Best wishes.