On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 12:09:05PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> No really, what is the right way to recursively list the
> dependencies of a given package? pkg_info doesn't seem to
> do that natively (and the above attempt only works for
> installed packages indeed). Is that a design decision,
> say becuase of ambiguous dependencies?

Yes, it is a design decision.  Dependencies have a bit of fuzz,
and  packages only care about their first-level dependency.

Actually, pkg_add -n will also give you fairly reasonable size estimates.
If it's all that's needed, I can very easily tweak it a bit to stop caring
about package details.... it doesn't need to read further from the archive
to get sizes, so it shouldn't be complicated.