On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:05:04 -0800
Bryan wrote:

> So glad we don't have these kinds of issues...

New around here, but I'm noticing a lot of tooting of our own horn...so to
speak.  With all the possible vectors for compromising a system that are
available it just sounds naive to keep touting how secure this or that is.
Do you own the physical network that your bits traverse? Do you guard your
computer 24-7? And on and on.

I will say the Fedora has bigger issues than allowing users to install
pkgs. I just went through trying out Fedora 11 and it was a nightmare to
me.  Doing simple things with the network has been made so painful that
clawing out my eyes started to seem like relief.  But maybe all flavors
are going this way. Part of the never ending bloat.