On 11/20/09, rhubbell <rhubb...@ihubbell.com> wrote:
> Definitely not missing the point. Maybe you missed mine. Not "worrying"
> because you trust everything about OpenBSD and everyone that's worked on
> it and every package you've installed and every piece of hardware you've
> installed, etc., etc.  It's naive to point elsewhere and say "see, they're
> not secure". For example should I trust you and the other "tooters" just
> because you insist OpenBSD's secure?

OpenBSD's security isn't affected at all if we, as users, insist on it.

It's the proven record.

While others get new GUIs with each new release of their OS of choice,
we get tmux, and security fix of a remote vulnerability of a non-base
package within 2 hours since it became known.

We, non-technical users, see the no-nonsense attitude of devs on this very list.

I haven't seen any "tooting" here, devs are busy with more important
work than to campaign that our OS of choice is of different league
from any other.

We already know that.