On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:38:56 -0500
Jason Dixon <ja...@dixongroup.net> wrote:

> How does the announcement of new releases for ComixWall
> help OpenBSD?

It helps in promoting OpenBSD. And this is the official
purpose of the advocasy mailing list.

So I think that announcements of ComixWall releases could go
into the advocasy list.
Is this a false conclusion? If not Soner Tari could go on
with his project and post his announcements to the advocacy
list.

Anyway, since the advocascy list is dead, the two
announcements to misc should not be censured in such a harsh
way.

> How does abstraction of arguably the cleanest, easiest to
> learn UNIX, help OpenBSD?

It helps in promoting OpenBSD. Promoting OpenBSD will make
OpenBSD more widely known. This will attract more possible
developers. They will write code for OpenBSD. This will help
OpenBSD.

> > I know I just added some additional noise, still I
> > would be glad to see this issue settled in a
> > non-destructive way.
>
> It is settled.  You're whining.

If this is true, it's a pity. Then comixwall just died.

I still hope this issue can be settled in a NON-DESTRUCTIVE
way.
And yes. I AM WHINING. It bothers me when people destroy
such a huge amount of good work just because of a stupid
attack of bad mood.

> > OpenBSD is a great OS and ComixWall enables many people
> > to use it. I don't see any reason why the two projects
> > should not be able to cooperate.
>
> Because they are not "cooperative" projects.  OpenBSD
> doesn't need ComixWall.  OpenBSD is Free, Functional and
> Secure(*).
>
> (*) And easy.

Right. And the devil may care.

Not helping comixwall by bearing one release announcement
per year is not lazy, not even selfish, its just PLAIN
FUCKING STUPID!