On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 20:43:59 +0100
Martin Schr__der <mar...@oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2009/12/9 Christopher Zimmermann <madro...@zakweb.de>:
> > On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:38:56 -0500
> > Jason Dixon <ja...@dixongroup.net> wrote:
> >
> >> How does the announcement of new releases for ComixWall
> >> help OpenBSD?
> >
> > It helps in promoting OpenBSD. And this is the official
> > purpose of the advocasy mailing list.
>
> I seriously doubt that Theo sells any cd more because of
> ComixWall. And sale of cds is what ultimately counts as
> "promoting OpenBSD". I can't find Tari's name on
> http://www.openbsd.org/donations.html, nor can I find a
> link to there from http://comixwall.org
> While I applaud him for his effort and think this is a
> great thing, he hides OpenBSD quite well.

He links several times to openbsd. Try clicking on the
OpenBSD 4.6 cover displayed on the main page.
Since Soner Tari does not sell his project he could
easily link to the donations page if asked.

> > I still hope this issue can be settled in a
> > NON-DESTRUCTIVE way.
>
> Same here. The efforts of Comixwall should be folded into
> OpenBSD.

Now that would be great of course. Do you think it would be
possible to distribute comixwall as several ports in the
ports tree?
Only installation would become a bit more difficult. But
this should not be a big deal.

It's just a pity that the constructive proposals come only
after people already gave up....