On 12/16/09, Predrag Punosevac <punoseva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, I have not asked on ports about updating. I contacted privately the
> port maintainer who promised that he will update port pending on his
> time. Fortunately, he happens to work on more interesting things than
> updating Moodle. Since he is busy and I need the port I fell it is up
> to me to send the diff which people will test.
>
> Well guess what? I did little bit of research and asking around so
> I prefer to spend my time on ATutor. That is just a personal preference.
>
> The Moodle in present state is useless as it doesn't contain the
> grade-book module. The grade-book has been introduced in Moodle one or
> two releases after the Kev's port. Some of more interesting features
> of Moodle according to my source are closed source and needs to be
> purchased. I am all ears and I would love to be contradicted and
> provided with other testimonials. ATutor feels lot simpler than Moodle
> but I might be very wrong.
>
> Most Kind Regards,
> Predrag Punosevac

I've never used ATutor, so I cannot give any opinion, but I have been
running moodle on OpenBSD for about two years so that I can play with
it's features that I am not allow to play with on the Moodle server
that is run by the school I work at.

I've been happy with moodle on OpenBSD and upgrading was as simple as
instructions on the moodle website, and as a teacher I like the fact
that moodle tries to consider pedagogy when implementing features.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Fred