Try looking for "Total Hardware '99" - your controller might be
documented in there.

Nice!  Thanks.

http://th99.dyndns.org/c/C-D/20069.htm

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's actually all that configurable. Although I don't know what some of those settings actually mean. Does anyone else see ways this can help, or care to explain the settings? :)

[Ports I understand. Rate I understand but I don't know why you'd need to set it unless maybe it was a question of really really old controllers/CPUs being slower? The others...]

[P.S. The controller and drive were pulled from a Wyse 286. Which I have, but seems not to want to boot ATM. The last time I got it to boot, it didn't seem to see the HD. And anyway, I'd like to avoid having to move 20 megs of data on floppies if possible. I'm guessing that that and serial cables would be the only workable choices, given driver difficulties with DOS 3.3 and the fact that the BIOS setup program was apparently originally on a disk which I don't have...]