On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:29:15AM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> I consider buying the Lexicon Alpha souncard:
> http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=7
>
> Is someone using it sucessfully? I understand there
> are "USB soundcards" out there not even appearing as
> USB Audio class devices.
>
> If this card is not working properly with 4.6 or current,
> can people recommend a good uaudio card?

It depends on what you want to use it for.

I use a m-audio mobilepre for recording and listening music;
it's class compliant does 16-bit stereo at 48kHz, and the
sound is excellent. It has a stereo preamp and a phantom
power, which is handy.

> I need it to be uaudio become the machine that will use it
> does not have any possibility of holding a PCI card.
>
> More generally, what is the status of uaudio(4)?

It works reliably, 24-bit encodings are not supported
though; recently Jacob fixed various bugs, including a very
annoying limitation of the block size.

-- Alexandre