On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 02:12:53 -0300, Victor Tarabola Cortiano wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 09:37:38PM -0500, STeve Andre' wrote:
>> I don't.  A lot of people are genuinely confused & curious about this BSD
>> thing, the operating system and license.  The number of times I've explained
>> (or tried to) the BSD license vs. GPL numbers in the dozens now.
>
>You could sell it for profit too if OpenBSD were GPLed, or any other
>free software license.

Now, that sounds like trolling to me or else severe ignorance.

As some earlier poster/s stated, you <can> sell an OpenBSD CD for a
profit. Just not a literal copy of the release CD.

As for being able to do it with GPL CDs - Try doing it with HedRat,
particularly any of the RHEL lines. You'll find out quickly that the
licence doesn't get you anywhere when HatRed's lawyers are on your
case. That's why Centos is carefully re-engineered.

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.