On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Daniel Ouellet <dan...@presscom.net> wrote:
> On 2/26/10 7:44 PM, Citra Cool wrote:
>>
>> Can I selling openBSD in CD for profit??
>
> You can always become an OpenBSD reseller if you want.
>
> If my memory served me right, you can buy the CD in bulk directly from Theo.
> If you buy 25 or more from him at once, he will give you a pretty good
> discount ( I think it was 40%, but please don't take it as being right!) on
> them and then you can sale them at the same price as the project if you like
> and that's one way for you to help some.
>
> I can't recall right now the final price you would pay for 25 or more, but
> fell free to contact Theo directly and proceed. I am pretty sure he would be
> happy to work with you if you actually are serious about doing so. Just
> don't waste his time if you are not going to do 25 and more however.
>
> If you are thinking of using the ISO and make CD to sale them, that's not
> allow and you would hurt the project doing so.

Well as previously explained, the BSD license doesn't stop you from
burning the OpenBSD ISO n-1 times and selling the CDs for $5 or $50,
provided you don't use OpenBSD artwork and the like.  If I was selling
burnt CDs, I would donate a portion of my profits to the project.  I
wouldn't, though, because it's better for the project to buy the
official disk set - and I don't do things that will diminish good
things in the long run.

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse