On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM, FRLinux <frli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Corey <clinge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I saw them, yes.  Soekris Engineering says the net5501 itself draws 20W
max.
>>  My power supply is rated for 40W.  I doubt that little miniPCI card draws
>> 20 watts.
>
> Yes, but how many amps?
>
> Steph

The PSU is 12V, so from basic DC circuit theory, 40W / 12V = 3.333A.
The power supply tag backs up Ohm's law and says 3.34A.

The Soekris spec lists watts, too, but if you don't have one of these
units you may not of course know the PSU voltage.

It is some no-name Chinese PSU, but the ratings at least are plenty
beefy for my setup I would think (there's nothing else in the
Soekris).  Like I said, I'll do some basic electrical checks once I
get it apart again.

Corey