On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 11:09:58AM -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> My first thought is to use the "windows" key on this keyboard for a
> control key just for applications, but a) I'm not sure how to do that,
> and b) someone else has probably had a better idea.

The prefix is 4- for the Mod4 key, which is usually the windows key
according to cwmrc(5).  That worked okay on my Mac (with a non-Mac
keyboard), at least.  With cwm(1) and cwmrc(5) up, it's fairly
straightforward to come up with a binding that doesn't interfere
with applications.  They're good short man pages.  The reload
confiruation command is very handy while doing this (default binding
CMS-r).  I made a not so long .cwmrc that works for me in conjunction
with emacs, and what gobbles up more keys than that?

--
Mike Small
sma...@panix.com