On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 11:09:58AM -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently switched to cwm (from WindowMaker).  Everything works
> great, except for how some key mappings interact with applications.
>
> OpenOffice uses control-arrowkey to move the cursor a word at a time,
> and control-shift-arrowkey to highlight.  At times I must highlight
> entire paragraphs, or skip through paragraphs at high speed, so I need
> this function.  Firefox has similar behavior, and I'm sure other apps
> do as well.
>
> cwm uses control-arrowkeys for window size & placement, so these
> keystrokes never reach the app.
>
> I'm not attached to control-arrowkey for this application function,
> but I need the function.  I'm sure other people have had this
> annoyance as well.
>
> My first thought is to use the "windows" key on this keyboard for a
> control key just for applications, but a) I'm not sure how to do that,
> and b) someone else has probably had a better idea.
>
> Any suggestions for remapping keys to restore control-shift-arrow
> highlighting in apps, without losing cwm's behavior?  Is there a
> specific OpenBSD way to do that, or a particular man page I should
> read?

cwmrc(5) should help you out there. As a quick hint:

bind CS-Left unmap
bind CS-Right unmap
bind CS-Up unmap
bind CS-Down unmap
bind C-Left unmap
bind C-Right unmap
bind C-Up unmap
bind C-Down unmap

Will remove those keybindings that you conflict with. We really ought to
make that configuration language a bit more powerful...

-0-
--
You don't have to think too hard when you talk to teachers.
                -- J. D. Salinger