On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Christiano F. Haesbaert <
haesba...@haesbaert.org> wrote:

> On 5 May 2010 16:25, Lars Nooden <lars.cura...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 05/05/2010 10:08 PM, Christiano F. Haesbaert wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry for such an out of topic thread, hear my pain:
> >>
> >> I'm really sick of hearing about UML/RUP and all this boulshit about
> >> software engineering in my university.
> >
> > User Mode Linux works ok, you should probably try asking over on one of
> > the linux kernel lists found at the wiki:
> >
> >        http://uml.jfdi.org/uml/Wiki.jsp
> >
> > I'm surprised it's a big deal at your university. VirtualBox is much
> higher
> > profile and allows others guest and host sytems.  qemu / kqemu is
> available
> > in ports.
> >

> Sorry for UML I meant Unified Modeling Language.
> and for RUP Rational Unified Process

I think you guys missed the :P.

The app teams here at my work are big RUPpies but it seems to me that here
it's:

1)  Over applied on simple projects that don't need it.
2)  Adds a lot overhead and bureaucracy creating long delays in projects.

It has created some good practices with regards to configuration and change
management here.