On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 05:05:52PM -0700, dereck wrote:
> Yep, you are correct.  So, can I get your phone number to send our clients to
> when they need another pointless opinion intended to start a flame?
>
> Shake out your head gear.  There is a difference between "user programs" and
> "system programs".  The overwhelming majority of user-land programs are done
> in OOP languages.  That Java nonsense just happens to be the most popular
> programming language.  Added with C# (the MS Java) the numbers dwarf all
> other comers.  Since the vast majority of people are using Java, C#.NET and
> VB.NET I suppose that the object-oriented nonsense will just fade away.

Just like structured programming in the eighties and whatever the bs was
called in the seventies and sixties.  Every decade has its own bs
development methodology that is the moar bettar devmeth but then 10
years later it isnt't.  Yes OOP will go away and be replaced with
something "dynamic" which seems to be the rage right now.

Let me coin an acronym for it.  DML dynamic masturbation language.

Great software has one thing in common, it was developed by a group of
great developers who know what they are doing.  Than there is the rest.