On May 09 06:05:37, Robert wrote:
> On Sat, 8 May 2010 19:08:09 +0200
> Jan Stary <h...@stare.cz> wrote:
>
> > On May 08 17:53:25, Robert wrote:

> > > Afaik,
> > > that is a GMA500, PowerVR based and not supported by the intel
> > > driver. So vesa is all you get with those, as there is no video-psb
> > > driver in xenocara.
> >
> > It's a GMA3150.
> >

> my bad, it's intel then.
> the 3150 needs an even newer driver than the one oga posted.
> 2.10 upwards, but somehwere along the way the xorg server might have to
> be updated to 1.8 for that. not sure if the dri2/drm/gem/'whatever
> it is all called' in the kernel is ready for 1.8 yet.

I still think I have a problem before xorg even comes to play.
Namely, 'intagp at vga1 not supported'.

Looking at other machines' dmesgs (with both intel graphics or other)
makes me think that 'intagp' is supposed to do what 'agp' does elsewhere.
(There is a manpage for 'agp', but not for 'intagp'). Is this correct?

Am I right at thinking that until 'intagp' is supported on my machine,
the intel driver of xorg doesn't have a chance? Or is the xorg intel
driver independent of agp support?

        Thank you for your time

                Jan