On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:50:55AM -0400, Casey Allen Shobe spoke thusly:
> On 30 May, 2010, at 12:15 AM, Denny White wrote:
>> Not really sure what happened with
>>  >> since it worked fine for me including 'ls'.
>>
>> As for the 2nd one you tried which didn't work:
>> ftp://openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.7/packages/i386/
>>
>> Try this:
>> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.7/packages/i386/
>
> Well, I've found that using an HTTP mirror works.  However, this is
> concerning because all of these machines were able to use FTP properly
> before, some Debian machines on the same network can use FTP mirrors
> correctly (plus `ftp` to the same OpenBSD mirrors works from Debian),
> and the links browser on the OpenBSD machines seems to do FTP correctly
> too.
>
> One way or the other, the 'ftp' utility seems to have gotten broken
> since 4.6.  I'd hazard to guess that it might not be supporting passive
> FTP anymore, since active FTP does not work from the network and this is
> reminiscent of what would happen if I tried using active FTP from behind
> a firewall in the past...
>
> I've worked around the immediate problem with HTTP for now...but is
> there any more useful information that I can provide from my end?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Casey Allen Shobe
> ca...@shobe.info

If you're comfortable with it, you could try disabling pf just long
enough to see if your ftp works without it. If so you could supply
your pf.conf since there have been syntax changes and possibly you
have something outdated in it. If you've got good backups you could
try doing a fresh install on just one box and see what happens. If
the problem goes away you'll know something got screwed up during
the upgrades.

Denny White - denny...@cableone.net
GnuPG key  : 0x1644E79A  |  http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
Fingerprint: D0A9 AD44 1F10 E09E 0E67  EC25 CB44 F2E5 1644 E79A
() ASCII ribbon campaign - against html e-mail