Teemu,

We have to be careful when testing ftp. Different ftp binaries for
different OS's use different default options. For example, the ftp
binary on OpenBSD v4.7 uses passive ftp by default, so the the
commands "ftp" and "ftp -p" are exactly the same. Some older Solaris
machines use active only and ftp on Ubuntu 10.04 uses active by
default.

Passive should work from your firewall, but active (PORT) probably
will not. Active will only work if you accept a connection from any ip
from port 20 to any upper port on the firewall. Not very common.

The machine behind the firewall should be able to do active and
passive because the ftp-proxy, if setup correctly, will anchor the
proper rules to allow both connection types.

For more testing you can setup the ftp-proxy daemon to log its
connections to /var/log/daemon using, "/usr/sbin/ftp-proxy -D7 -v".
You may also want to add the "log" variable to your Pf rules so you
can watch the logs with "tcpdump -n -e -ttt -v -i pflog0".

Then make sure you are using the correct ftp arguments for your ftp
binary to make a passive and active connection on your LAN machine.
Check the man page on the machine behind the firewall.

Once you have a reliable set of test responses you should have a
better idea of where the problem is.

Make sense?

BTW, we have examples of Pf and ftp-proxy on our site; see signature.

I checked out your pf.conf. If you have time you may want to try
putting your ps3 and NHL10 rules in an anchor to clean things up. How
about adding QOS so the gamers get higher network priority? :)

--
   Calomel @ https://calomel.org
   Open Source Research and Reference