Hi misc@

I want to be able to type non latin characters in xterm (Russian and
Latvian).
I sat down, read xterm manpage and tried playing with all the options
which even remotely looked like they could influence something.
But the only thing I managed to get working is xterm displaying UTF-8
correctly.

Here's my ~/.Xdefaults:

XTerm*loginShell: true
XTerm*useClipping: false
XTerm*geometry: 119x38
XTerm*termName: xterm-xfree86
XTerm*scrollBar: false
XTerm*rightScrollBar: true
XTerm*colorMode: true
XTerm*colorBDMode: false
XTerm*boldColors: true
XTerm*boldMode: true
XTerm*cutNewline: false
XTerm*cutToBeginningOfLine: false
XTerm*trimSelection: true
XTerm*internalBorder: 2
XTerm*Font: -*-terminus-medium-*-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1
XTerm*Foreground: rgb:cc/cc/cc
XTerm*Background: black
XTerm*locale: false
XTerm*utf8: 2
XTerm*deleteIsDEL: true
XTerm*eightBitInput: true

export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_NAME=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_ADDRESS=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_TELEPHONE=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
xterm

Didn't help too.

The annoying thing is that when I start vim in xterm, I *can* type in
any language with no problem.

export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_ALL

Is it possible to enable non latin input in xterm somehow?

---

And while I'm here, do you know of any video stream of some channel or
something which mplayer (or something from ports) could play and where
they'll show FIFA World Cup? My TV receives badly, with a lot of noise,
so I thought that maybe even an internet stream could be better, plus I
want commentaries in English.