With USB-attached UPS, nut requires correct permissions not only for
/dev/ugen0.* but also for /dev/usb* to perform bus scan.

I do believe that +DISPLAY for nut port should reflect this fact so
one will have a chance to succeed without USB_DEBUG dance.

Here is my results:

battery.charge: 100
battery.voltage: 27.20
battery.voltage.high: 27.20
battery.voltage.low: 20.20
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
beeper.status: enabled
device.type: ups
driver.flag.novendor: enabled
driver.name: blazer_usb
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ugen0
driver.parameter.productid: 5161
driver.parameter.subdriver: cypress
driver.parameter.vendorid: 0665
driver.version: 2.4.3
driver.version.internal: 0.03
input.current.nominal: 8.0
input.frequency: 50.1
input.frequency.nominal: 50
input.voltage: 230.6
input.voltage.fault: 230.6
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.voltage: 227.3
ups.delay.shutdown: 30
ups.delay.start: 180
ups.load: 6
ups.productid: 5161
ups.status: FSD OL
ups.temperature: 25.0
ups.type: offline / line interactive
ups.vendorid: 0665

[eaton]
driver = blazer_usb
port = /dev/ugen0
vendorid = 0665
productid = 5161
subdriver = cypress
novendor
default.battery.voltage.high = 27.20
default.battery.voltage.low = 20.20

As you can see, I'm not using megatec_usb driver like
http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html recommends for my
UPS since blazer_usb has better implementation of Megatec/Q1 protocol.

Alexey